Frank is the main developper of the TIMi Framework. Before creating TIMi, Frank was the main researcher, developper, software architect, chief technological officer, project team leader in a large number of software projects in Business Intelligence and Datamining, first at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory of the ULB (IRIDIA) and after at other consultancy companies like Business&Decision and Vadis.
Frank is also a scientific researcher in the field of datamining and optimization. Its ambition is to “create the softwares of tomorrow”. He posses a deep expertise in these fields:
- Business Intelligence
- Analytical CRM & Predictive Techniques
- Linear Algebras: matrix factorizations, LAPACK, numerical stability of algorithms, LARS, Elastic Net, large scale computations, …
- Datamining: techniques to prevent overfitting such as cross Validation, Prediction techniques such as multinomial predictors, Decision trees, bootstraping techniques, linear identification technique…
- Optimization: Newton’s based algorithm, SQP, Trust Region Methods, LP, IP,…
- Scientific programmation
- High-efficiency computation (vectorized, parallel and disributed computing – optimized branching)
- I/O efficient semi-external algorithms
- Software Architect for large scientific softwares and libraries
- Low-level assembly language
- He is the author of the mini-SSE-L1-BLAS library
- Memory constrained & embedded programming
Frank’s knowledge in fields allows him to seek out new elegant and efficient solutions to almost any statistical and Business Intelligence problems.