Creating a digital business in 2019
The activities of a large number of new companies are centered on digital processes. The services provided by these “digital” companies are varied: automation of processes, creation of dashboards and, in general, the manipulation of various data for their customers.
What are the most common causes of failure among these digital startups?
- The Cloud: There are good technologies in the cloud (GoogleDrive, ZohoCRM, GMail) but developing your own technology in the cloud is almost always a mistake. Amazon or Azure bills drain the budgets of young companies until all its capital has melted away. A recent example: a young startup was ready to invest 5000€ per month in Amazon to get, in the end, less computing power than a simple laptop equipped with TIMi.
- The conflicts between partners.
- Taking on too large a team and too quickly.
- Employing solutions based on Hadoop technology. One of the principles promoted by Hadoop technology is that “the more machines you add, the more computing power you have”. This is a mistake. For example, a cluster of 300 machines runs at exactly the same speed as a cluster of 600 machines due to a saturation effect. That same cluster of 300 machines is slower than a single machine equipped with TIMi.
- Developers who quickly produce “spaghetti” code and quit right afterwards, leaving an unstable, unmaintainable and slow system. This situation cannot happen with TIMi. TIMi makes it possible to automate virtually any digital process without writing code, 100% visually with the mouse. Maintenance and evolution of TIMi based digital processes is simple, inexpensive and fast.
How to meet these challenges
Use TIMi! At TIMi, we’ve helped dozens of startups get off the ground. And it’s free for all startups and NGOs.